WebSpecIT - Specneeds
This product was purchased off of Transcoders Software Consultancy.
This product is designed to be used by clinical staff whom deal with children with special needs, such as fragile X. Thus, is designed to run as a desktop application on a Laptop computer.
- Add new patients.
- Delete patients details.
- Update patients details.
- Latest patient details.
- Updatable list of general practitioners.
- Updatable list of clinics.
- Updatable list of health visitors.
- Searchable patient database.
- Weekly statistical report
- Patient details report
- Patients by Clinic or GP or Health Visitor report.
- Password protected data.
- Allows user the option to change the password.
- Data export function which provides all underlying data in the chosen delimited ASCII text format. Any patient details changes could then be uploaded onto the RICHS system.
- Single user version.
- Can support a large volume of patients records, depending upon the hardware used
- Database is compacted and backed up every time the program is used.
- Database is restored from backup, if database becomes corrupt.
- User manual and help file.
- Y2K compliant.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 and normal size(96dpi) fonts.
- Required disk space: 9.1 mb upwards.
- Processor: Intel 300mhz upwards.
- Memory: 64mb upwards.
- Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT3.51/NT4/ME/2000/XP.
There is a 30-day trial version in the trials downloads section.
Additional features to consider by the source code buyer
- Data import function, for pulling patients details in from RICHS. However this will require a data export/data import function to be added to the RICHS system.
- Other management statistical reports.
- Upgrade database to SQL Server 7/2000, or Oracle 8/9i, or perhaps Sybase ASE 11/12.5 (using Stored procedures,triggers,views and cursors.)
- Migrate the VB6 front-end to VB.NET, or C#.NET, or ASP.NET (for intranet/internet use.)
- Perhaps upgrade the Reports to Crystal Reports.NET/Crystal Reports 9/10 Professional
Development tools used
- Visual Basic v6 (including Visual Data Manager for Access 95 database.)
- Crystal Reports v8 or above.